50th Post! Been Nominated For An Award!
“Oh, what a shock! My career must be slipping. This is the first time I’ve been available to pick up an award” – Michael Caine.
The notification came right out of the blue! Sweet Archive very kindly nominated me for a Liebster Award. This is such a great honour, and just in time to celebrate my 50th Post as well!
Thank you, Ruth!
Blogging for just over a year; my Posts are becoming more frequent and creative; the number of Followers is steadily increasing; and Comments are always encouraging and very much appreciated. So, only too happy to continue this cool tradition of recognizing other blogger’s awesome work:
Here are the Rules:
♦ Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
♦ Answer the questions given by the nominator.
♦ Nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers, and link them.
♦ Notify all the bloggers you nominate.
♦ Create 11 new questions for your nominees to answer.
“The great thing about winning an award is that it creates opportunities” – Kevin Bacon.
Here are the set questions, with the supplied answers:
1. What is the funniest thing that happened to you? (ever!)
– Singing my own wacky inebriated version of Queen’s We Will Rock You in a packed Karaoke Club & getting the whole audience to sing & clap along.
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
– Scribe is an ancient word for writer which is my true talent and reflects my passion for history; I am proud of my name – if it’s good enough for Mr Pitt, it’s good enough for me.
3. Who is your favorite actor and actress?
– James Stewart is the all-time fave – no one makes me laugh/cry more; Sigourney Weaver is the actress I talk about the most so I’ll choose her.
4. Who is your favorite singer/ band?
– Ian Curtis/Joy Division. Without a doubt.
5. If you got stuck on a deserted island, what 2 things would you rather have with you?
– My wife and a seafood dinner for two, please.
6. Of all the posts you wrote until now, which one is your least favorite and why?
– No.19: was a totally different (un-SF-related) subject to what I had been writing about before, & received the least enthusiastic response unsurprisingly.
7. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
8. What is your favorite word?
9. If you had the chance to have dinner with 3 famous people, who would you choose?
– Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill & Carrie Fisher.
10. What do you like most about your country?
– The hot climate of my adopted country & the rich history/heritage of the land of my birth.
11. What inspires you?
– See No. 5.
“Believe you can and you’re halfway there” – Theodore Roosevelt.
It was quite a challenge to select 11 Nominees (especially under 200 Followers). The completed list included mainly book and comic reviewers, and not so many film reviewers as initially thought (so the easier movie-related questions had to be discarded!).
Anyway, without further ado…
It is my pleasure to nominate:
10. Schlock Value
My questions for you are:
1. What is the most amazing thing you have ever done (besides starting your blog)?
2. Which one of your Blog Posts were you most proud of, and why?
3. Who is your favourite writer?
4. What is more important in a story: characterisation or dialogue?
5. If you had the chance to write the sequel to a written/graphic novel, which one would you choose?
6. What do you think is the Best Line in a SF movie?
7. What is your fave scene (in a novel or comic), and why?
8. If you could meet 2 famous writers, who would you choose?
9. Which fictional character (either from novels or comics) deserves their own movie?
10. What will be the next book you want to buy?
11. What inspired you to become a writer?
I look forward to reading your answers!